The arrival of winter and the chilly breeze draws your attention immediately to the furnace.Every person wants to stay warm during the cold nights with average temperature reaching as low as minus 50c. The furnace maintenance and furnace repair should be done in order to prevent any system collapse.(For more info & resources click the link Naperville furnace repair)
Some of the important signs that show that your furnace needs special attention are;
Increasing energy and gas bills
- Energy bills are increasing but your furnace is not working properly.
- This clearly shows that it is utilizing more energy to maintain the optimum heating and cooling temperature.read more information on Important Furnace Repair tips for Your Home by visiting http://www.acandheating-va.com/five-important-furnace-repair-tips-for-your-home/
- There is also an uneven heat distribution and you seek furnace repair technicians on and off.
- The yearly and monthly fluctuations are normal, but a sudden rise in bills depicts some hidden problem.
Consider Age and completion of furnace cycles
- Most of the furnace life time is about 20-30 years, but as soon it crosses 15 years, the warning signs start appearing.
- The furnace cycles are not completing efficiently with abrupt on and off.
- Sudden breakage in the completion of a furnace cycle shows furnace repair options on immediate basis.
Frequent noises and noticeable odors
- The furnace starts giving loud noises. Different type of rattling, banging, whining and other unexpected noises are heard.
- It can be due to ignition, a loose belt or any other hidden cause. Sometimes the dirty assembly can also be the cause of these annoying noises.
- Gas smell spreads as soon you turn on the furnace. The suffocating smell is a clear gateway to diagnose the problem.
No more blue pilot light
- The pilot light shifts from blue to yellow or orange. The blue light shows the normal functioning of the thermostat.
- This shows the inappropriate combination of gases or lethal carbon monoxide accumulation which requires immediate attention.
Insufficient working of thermostat
- Sometimes you need to upgrade the temperature, which shows that the thermostat is not working effectively.
- Leakage and clogging of ducts can also offer big problem. Sometimes, the thermostat needs to be set on highest temperature in order to obtain the desired temperature.read more information on how keep your home cozy by clicking here
Poor quality of the incoming air
- The incoming air must be of inferior quality with entrapped dust particles, molds and other irritants. This causes increase difficulty in breathing.
- This is a clear reflection that your furnace is not cleaned and moisturizing the air on a regular basis.
- Go for a thorough inspection and filter replacement to fix the problem.
- You can suddenly run short of breath or can have allergic attacks after breathing in such air.
Proper functioning of the furnace is vital in the cold winters as its usage is maximum in this season. It`s really expensive to replace your old furnace with a new one, but with certain warning signs and caution you can detect the problem as soon as it appears. If you fix the problems on a regular basis. You won`t be in need to replace it until its lifetime is over. Regular maintenance should be carried out to rule out the possibility of any future problems. Carefully observe the current functioning of the furnace and compare it with its best performance levels.