Small window air conditioners are the perfect option for you if you plan to air-condition a small room, have no central AC there and the room has an (undersized) window. You also should not plan to use this air conditioning in any other room.
If this is the case, small windows air conditioners are a very good method to climatize a single room in a very efficient way.
The appliance industry has developed these air conditioners to fulfill a need many customers have, namely to air-condition a small room without sacrificing floor space.
So even if you only have an undersized window in the room you want to climatize, a small window air conditioners is something you should check out. But there are a few things you need to make sure.
- Make sure you buy the optimal unit size for the room you want to air condition: The bigger the room the more Btu (British Thermal Unit) is needed.
So a 5000 Btu appliance can cool up to 125 sq ft of floor space.
- Is the product you are planning to buy as energy efficient as possible? Does the description show the EER (Energy Efficiency Rating)? The more energy efficient, the less money small window air conditioners will “blow into the air”
- Make sure the window size is within supported dimensions
- Be informed what type of window you plan to use for a small window air conditioner: a horizontal slider or a casement window, for example?
- Does the model you plan to buy include an installation kit? Does it include a curtain to fill the space next to the air conditioner, or if you need a slider/casement version, does it include a curtain to fill the space above the AC?read more information on Importance of Heating and Air Conditioning Services by visiting https://www.acandheating-va.com/5-importance-of-heating-and-air-conditioning-services/
- Is there an electric socket close to the installation window?
- Do you need heating? Not all small window air conditioners offer cooling AND heating. So make sure you only buy what really fulfills your needs
When you are looking for small window air conditioners, also make sure that your favorite product comes with a directional control of the airflow and availability of repair,read more information on Heating and Air Conditioning repair by clicking here. so that you favorite place in the room is not becoming too cold your you to sit or work in.
For small window air conditioners to work most effectively, make sure that you clean the filters regularly, according to the specifications given by the manufacturer. Also be aware that you need to keep the room doors closed, so that the AC only works to cool the one room, not the whole floor.